Hot Games

Saturday 14 January 2012

A Dance with Dragons

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I read AGOT and then the rest of the series back-to-back. I rested a couple of months and then launched into this latest episode. This book is becoming increasingly like the literary equivalent of a soap opera - you feel the need to keep up because of the time invested in the series, which is considerable, and the need to find out how your favourite characters fare (in my case, Tyrion and Jon Snow).


However at the same time you increasingly start to lose interest in some of the lesser storylines and realise that you don't care one way or another what happens to them. Some of the strands need to come together, but I can't see that happening any time soon. A "must read", but no longer 5-star.



No comments:

Post a Comment